Once you press the Yellow “Reserve Now” Button above, you will be redirected to our property payment page. Once you have completed the payment, you will be sent an email requesting that you fill out a brief personal information survey so that we can begin the Land Sale Contract Process.
In 2018 the Spring Creek Fire raged through the Forbes Park area in Costilla County Colorado. While the entire lot was and trees were damaged, the regrowth process has already begun. The small shrubs and trees are are fast returning to the land. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by to own some Colorado land at a discount! Grab this lot now and enjoy it as your weekend getaway camping spot. As retirement nears, the trees will have started to regrow. Then will be the time to think about building that retirement cabin in the woods. Message is today to learn more!
F.P. UNIT D-1 BLK 40 LOT 802 CONT. 2.395 AC
Well or Cistern
- Down Payment: $199
- Doc Fee: $149
- Property Tax: $20/Year
- HOA Dues: 20
- Note Set-up/Service Fee: $10/mo
See our FAQ Page for a description of each of the above fees
Great Sand Dunes
Great Sand Dunes Oasis is on the eastern side of the remote, high-mountain San Luis Valley, between the Blanca Massif and Crestone Needle, are the Great Sand Dunes, the tallest sand dunes in North America. The dunes cover approximately 39 square miles and rise to almost 750′ above the valley floor. This is a must-see spot! The Great Sand Dunes Oasis is the gateway to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve.
The dunes are the product of the wind and rain eroding the San Juan and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains that ring the San Luis Valley. They have collected here because the prevailing winds across the valley blow in this direction. But here, at the foot of the mountains, the wind has to drop some of its load of sand in order to clear the mountains. So over the course of millennia, the dunes have built up to where they are today. And tomorrow they will be different because the wind keeps on blowing. It’s a great spot to visit over and over again
- Camping/RV allowed for 14 days per 3 months.
- Permanent camping or RV living only allowed if you are building and have installed a septic system.
- You must contact the Dept. of Water Resources to get a well installation permit.
- Many people install a cistern and have water delivered.
- There are power lines in some of the areas of the county. If they are neer this lot they will be noted in the ad above.
- Solar panels backed up by generator or wind turbines are the most common methods for electricity generation.
- Rain Water Collection is permitted in the county.
- Most of the area is considered rural and off-grid