Once you press the Yellow “Reserve Now” Button above, you will be redirected to our property payment page. Once you have completed the payment, you will be sent an email requesting that you fill out a brief personal information survey so that we can begin the Land Sale Contract Process.
Adventure awaits you on this 2 acre piece in Forbes Park. Abundant wildlife 🦌🐟🦅 call this area home. Take a hike in the Sangre de Cristos mountains to take a peek at all of the animals or drop your kayak in the creek for a day of activities. Feel a million miles away when you are actually not. How does that sound? You can do it in Forbes Park Colorado!
Perfectly situated near Fort Garland, this 2 acre property has the feel of being in the middle of nowhere but is still close to everything. Build your dream house when you are ready, and camp until then! This area has stunning views, tons of wildlife, and you can hike until you drop! There is always something to do out here for everyone in the family so what are you waiting for?
Fort Garland, CO
F.P UNIT N-1 BLK 197 LOT 3233 CONT 2.009 AC (WD 351-288)
Well or Cistern
- Down Payment: $199
- Doc Fee: $149
- Property Tax: $20/Year
- HOA Dues: 20
- Note Set-up/Service Fee: $10/mo
See our FAQ Page for a description of each of the above fees
Mountain Home Reservoir
Costilla county hosts four main reservoirs. Eastdale Reservoir, Sanchez Reservoir, Smith Reservoir and Mountain Home Reservoir. Because of Colorado’s conservancy efforts, these regions boast lush waters, rich vegetation and abundant wildlife. They are great places to spend the day on the water with family and friends fishing, sightseeing, and relaxing!
Mountain Home Reservoir is a coldwater lake fed by Trinchera Creek and is located in a state wildlife area near Ft. Garland. It has fantastic views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and has a nice population of rainbow trout and northern pike. There are many camping sites around Mountain Home and camping here is free, the kids will love it!
Property taxes prorated and added to the m
- Camping/RV allowed for 14 days per 3 months.
- Permanent camping or RV living only allowed if you are building and have installed a septic system.
- You must contact the Dept. of Water Resources to get a well installation permit.
- Many people install a cistern and have water delivered.
- There are power lines in some of the areas of the county. If they are neer this lot they will be noted in the ad above.
- Solar panels backed up by generator or wind turbines are the most common methods for electricity generation.
- Rain Water Collection is permitted in the county.
- Most of the area is considered rural and off-grid