Once you press the Yellow “Reserve Now” Button above, you will be redirected to our property payment page. Once you have completed the payment, you will be sent an email requesting that you fill out a brief personal information survey so that we can begin the Land Sale Contract Process.
Property Location Map
This beautiful 5 acre lot just outside of Fort Garland, CO have view that are absolutely stunning. If location in top of your list for owning rural vacant land, then this is the lot for you. Build you summer or forever home here or simply come to get away for the weekend and camp. Either are valid options for this lot.
Welcome to Costilla County Colorado. Come for a visit and you might just want to stay awhile! There is so much to do in this small community that you might not even know it is here, so let me tell you all about it!
With a population of only 3,524 people Costilla County is the perfect place to get away and not have to deal with traffic, noise, and the everyday hustle of the city. Who needs that anyway!!?? It also boasts having Colorado’s oldest town, San Luis.
This place is packed with museums and cultural diversity. If you happen to also be an avid outdoorsman (or woman!) then this place is the icing on your cake! Here are a few of my favorite things to do in Costilla County.
Well or Cistern
- Down Payment: $299
- Doc Fee: $249
- Property Tax: $15/Year
- HOA Dues: NA
- Note Set-up/Service Fee: $10/mo
See our FAQ Page for a description of each of the above fees
Many Lake for Fishing
Costilla county hosts four main reservoirs. Eastdale Reservoir, Sanchez Reservoir, Smith Reservoir and Mountain Home Reservoir. Because of Colorado’s conservancy efforts, these regions boast lush waters, rich vegetation and abundant wildlife. They are great places to spend the day on the water with family and friends fishing, sightseeing, and relaxing! Mountain Home Reservoir is a cold water lake fed by Trinchera Creek and is located in a state wildlife area near Ft. Garland. It has fantastic views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and has a nice population of rainbow trout and northern pike. There are many camping sites around Mountain Home and camping here is free, the kids will love it!
- Camping/RV allowed for 14 days per 3 months.
- Permanent camping or RV living only allowed if you are building and have installed a septic system.
- You must contact the Dept. of Water Resources to get a well installation permit.
- Many people install a cistern and have water delivered.
- There are power lines in some of the areas of the county. If they are neer this lot they will be noted in the ad above.
- Solar panels backed up by generator or wind turbines are the most common methods for electricity generation.
- Rain Water Collection is permitted in the county.
- Most of the area is considered rural and off-grid