Beautifully scenic 5 acres lot in Costilla County, Colorado.
The views of the adjacent mountain ranges from the San Luis Valley are beautiful, and you’ll want to take a moment to absorb everything about this property!
Once you press the Yellow “Reserve Now” Button above, you will be redirected to our property payment page.
Once you have completed the payment, you will be sent an email requesting that you fill out a brief personal information survey so that we can begin the Land Sale Contract Process.
This is your opportunity to own a 5-acre parcel of land just minutes from the Rio Grande River! The views of the adjacent mountain ranges from the San Luis Valley are spectacular, and you’ll want to stop and take it all in! As soon as you step out and take your first breath of fresh air, you will feel instantly at ease.
The beauty in this part of Colorado is well-known for being picture-perfect. Stop in San Luis on your way out to your lot and pick up some supplies. Finding your lot will be simple thanks to convenient access to HWY 142. Spend your days on the shoreline fishing trout and forget about the rest of the world. You may relax and enjoy your time away in the fresh mountain air.
Every day, go for a walk down the river or grab your fishing gear and spend the day catching fish, then return to your property and cook over the campfire. It’s exactly what you need to get away from the city for the weekend or to retire to the Colorado wilderness and live a quiet life.
Come join me in the San Luis Valley to escape the stresses of everyday life. This is also where I go to get away from it all. Grab the camper and have an off-grid adventure that the whole family will appreciate!
Ben Rd, San Luis, Colorado 81152
R.G.R. UNIT 49 BLK 10 LOT 21 CONT. 5.00 AC (262-609-612) (SWD 266-189)
Would Need Solar
Would be a Well
- Down Payment: $500
- Doc Fee: $250 Doc Fee: $250 due with down payment (Non-Refundable)
- Property Tax: $0.5/Month
- HOA Dues: NA
- Note Set-up/Service Fee: $10/mo
See our FAQ Page for a description of each of the above fees
- Camping/RV allowed for 14 days per 3 months.
- Permanent camping or RV living only allowed if you are building and have installed a septic system.
- You must contact the Dept. of Water Resources to get a well installation permit.
- Many people install a cistern and have water delivered.
- There are power lines in some of the areas of the county. If they are neer this lot they will be noted in the ad above.
- Solar panels backed up by generators or wind turbines are the most common methods for electricity generation.
- Rain Water Collection is permitted in the county.
- Most of the area is considered rural and off-grid
- Vacant Lot – Residential – Long-Term RV Camping Permits are valid for 60 Days and a new application must be filed before the expiration date of the permit. $200 fee – septic & water required). Long-term camping SHALL NOT EXCEED 180 DAYS per RV, Person, or Parcel in any 12 month period. RV’s must be inspected by the Planning and Zoning office to ensure all plumbing and electrical is in working order prior to application approval. Sites will be inspected prior to approval. ONLY ONE (1) RV SHALL BE PERMITTED PER PARCEL. 14 days of camping within a 3 month period. $250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renew for up to 18 months. Site built home 600sqft min, manufactured homes are okay. It is a residential property, so the primary structure must be a residence. After that, you can build almost anything you want with permits. Manufactured Homes can be set on the property with a permit. Please contact our office to obtain permits before commencing any work whatsoever, and please don’t attempt to reside on the property in an RV with no permitted septic system. Doing any of these will result in the issuance of a notice of violation. Contact SDRCO at 719-672-3613 for any additional details.