Once you press the Yellow “Reserve Now” Button above, you will be redirected to our property payment page. Once you have completed the payment, you will be sent an email requesting that you fill out a brief personal information survey so that we can begin the Land Sale Contract Process.
Located near the county seat of San Luis CO, this stunning 5 acre lot in sunny southern Colorado is priced to sell. Whether you want to build a home or just want a place to camp, this lot if for you.
Contact us today for more info and pictures!
San Luis CO
Lot 12, Block 1 Trienchera Creek Estates, Unit 3, Costilla County, Colorado
Would need solar
Would need a well or cistern
- Down Payment: $99
- Doc Fee: $149
- Property Tax: $5/Year
- HOA Dues: NA
- Note Set-up/Service Fee: $10/mo
See our FAQ Page for a description of each of the above fees
Great Sand Dunes
Great Sand Dunes Oasis is on the eastern side of the remote, high-mountain San Luis Valley, between the Blanca Massif and Crestone Needle, are the Great Sand Dunes, the tallest sand dunes in North America. The dunes cover approximately 39 square miles and rise to almost 750′ above the valley floor. This is a must-see spot! The Great Sand Dunes Oasis is the gateway to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve.
The dunes are the product of the wind and rain eroding the San Juan and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains that ring the San Luis Valley. They have collected here because the prevailing winds across the valley blow in this direction. But here, at the foot of the mountains, the wind has to drop some of its load of sand in order to clear the mountains. So over the course of millennia, the dunes have built up to where they are today. And tomorrow they will be different because the wind keeps on blowing. It’s a great spot to visit over and over again
- Camping/RV allowed for 14 days per 3 months.
- Permanent camping or RV living only allowed if you are building and have installed a septic system.
- You must contact the Dept. of Water Resources to get a well installation permit.
- Many people install a cistern and have water delivered.
- There are power lines in some of the areas of the county. If they are neer this lot they will be noted in the ad above.
- Solar panels backed up by generator or wind turbines are the most common methods for electricity generation.
- Rain Water Collection is permitted in the county.
- Most of the area is considered rural and off-grid
- Vacant Lot – Residential – Long-Term RV Camping Permits are valid for 60 Days and a new application must be filed before the expiration date of the permit. $200 fee – septic & water required). Long-term camping SHALL NOT EXCEED 180 DAYS per RV, Person, or Parcel in any 12 month period. RV’s must be inspected by the Planning and Zoning office to ensure all plumbing and electrical is in working order prior to application approval. Sites will be inspected prior to approval. ONLY ONE (1) RV SHALL BE PERMITTED PER PARCEL. 14 days of camping within a 3 month period. $250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renew for up to 18 months. Site built home 600sqft min, manufactured homes are okay.It is a residential property, so the primary structure must be a residence. After that, you can build almost anything you want with permits. Manufactured Homes can be set on the property with a permit. Please contact our office to obtain permits before commencing any work whatsoever, and please don’t attempt to reside on the property in an RV with no permitted septic system. Doing any of these will result in the issuance of a notice of violation. Contact SDRCO at 719-672-3613 for any additional details.