Highway Access to the 2.53 Acre Lot – Costilla County, CO
Who wouldn’t want to wake up to views like these?
Once you press the Yellow “Reserve Now” Button above, you will be redirected to our property payment page. Once you have completed the payment, you will be sent an email requesting that you fill out a brief personal information survey so that we can begin the Land Sale Contract Process.
Wild Horse Mesa subdivision is located about 12 miles south of San Luis, zip code 81152, in Costilla County, in the San Luis Valley of southern Colorado. The sunny, fertile, alpine valley is about 150 miles long and 75 miles wide, surrounded by the San Juan, La Garita and Sangre de Cristo mountain ranges.
San Luis is 41 miles southeast of Alamosa, 16 miles south of Fort Garland, 155 miles southwest of Colorado Springs, and 63 miles north of Taos, New Mexico.
A plethora of wildlife can be found around Wild Horse Mesa include mule deer, elk, pronghorn antelope, coyotes, small game, birds, eagles, black bears, mountain lions and bighorn sheep. Sagebrush and rabbitbrush (chamisa) are common vegetation, along with Piñon pine and juniper.
Wild Horse Mesa Surrounding Area
The Rio Grande River flows south through the valley to Mexico. The elevation of San Luis is 7,980 feet. Wild Horse Mesa ranges from about 7,900 feet to 8,800 feet, with a few peaks at 9,200 feet. Snow-capped Mount Blanca Peak towers at 14,345 feet to the north, and Culebra Peak, rises to 14,047 feet to the east on Cielo Vista Ranch.
You will not be disappointed owning this 2.53 acre lot. Wake up to gorgeous views and clean clear mountain air. What are you waiting for?
San Luis, CO
Cavalry Trail, San Luis, CO 81152
W.H.M. SECTION B BLK 5 PARCEL 12 CONT. 2.53 AC
Would need solar
Would need a well or holding tank and water delivery
- Down Payment: $199
- Doc Fee: $249 Doc Fee: $249 due with down payment (Non-Refundable)
- Property Tax: $5/Month
- HOA Dues: NA
- Note Set-up/Service Fee: $10/mo
See our FAQ Page for a description of each of the above fees
- Camping/RV allowed for 14 days per 3 months.
- Permanent camping or RV living only allowed if you are building and have installed a septic system.
- You must contact the Dept. of Water Resources to get a well installation permit.
- Many people install a cistern and have water delivered.
- There are power lines in some of the areas of the county. If they are neer this lot they will be noted in the ad above.
- Solar panels backed up by generator or wind turbines are the most common methods for electricity generation.
- Rain Water Collection is permitted in the county.
- Most of the area is considered rural and off-grid
- Vacant Lot – Residential – Long-Term RV Camping Permits are valid for 60 Days and a new application must be filed before the expiration date of the permit. $200 fee – septic & water required). Long-term camping SHALL NOT EXCEED 180 DAYS per RV, Person, or Parcel in any 12 month period. RV’s must be inspected by the Planning and Zoning office to ensure all plumbing and electrical is in working order prior to application approval. Sites will be inspected prior to approval. ONLY ONE (1) RV SHALL BE PERMITTED PER PARCEL. 14 days of camping within a 3 month period. $250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renew for up to 18 months. Site built home 600sqft min, manufactured homes are okay.It is a residential property, so the primary structure must be a residence. After that, you can build almost anything you want with permits. Manufactured Homes can be set on the property with a permit. Please contact our office to obtain permits before commencing any work whatsoever, and please don’t attempt to reside on the property in an RV with no permitted septic system. Doing any of these will result in the issuance of a notice of violation. Contact SDRCO at 719-672-3613 for any additional details.