1 Mile From the Rio Grande River… 5 Acres in San Luis, CO
Grab you rod, reel, tackle and waders and see what you can catch for dinner!
Once you press the Yellow “Reserve Now” Button above, you will be redirected to our property payment page. Once you have completed the payment, you will be sent an email requesting that you fill out a brief personal information survey so that we can begin the Land Sale Contract Process.
Welcome to the San Luis Valley. On this 5 acre lot, you can enjoy wide-open spaces and amazing mountain views. An if that was not enough, the mighty Rio Grande River is a short 1 mile from this lot!
Imagine yourself waking up in your tent, RV, or home and walking outside to a glorious Colorado morning as the sun peaks its head over the majestic Blanca Peak in the distance. After your coffee is brewed, you grab your rod, real, tackle and waders, and head to the river to see what you can catch for dinner.
The river so close you can walk to it, getting that needed morning exercise. This area of Colorado is full of wonder, adventure, and history. This county boasts the fact that it is the oldest in Colorado history and has rich farming roots. Start your own homestead on this charming 5 acres just outside of San Luis CO today! Have more questions? Give us a call today!
San Luis, CO
R.G.R. UNIT 45 BLK 2 LOT 6 CONT. 5.00 AC (242-970 THRU 978)
Well or Cistern
- Down Payment: $99
- Doc Fee: $149
- Property Tax: $5/Year
- HOA Dues: NA
- Note Set-up/Service Fee: $10/mo
See our FAQ Page for a description of each of the above fees
Rio Grande River
Fishing the Rio Grande River You can fish in Colorado without a license during the first week of June. For the remainder of the year, a Colorado fishing license is required. A one-day license is available for $9 and a 5-day license is $21. Colorado residents over 65 can fish without a license. For Fishing License purchase, fishing rules, and fishing regulations please visit Colorado Fish & Wildlife Whether you’re fly fishing, spinning or baitcasting your chances of getting a bite in Costilla County are great. So grab your favorite fly fishing rod and reel, and head out to one of the reservoirs for tons of fun!
- Camping/RV allowed for 14 days per 3 months.
- Permanent camping or RV living only allowed if you are building and have installed a septic system.
- You must contact the Dept. of Water Resources to get a well installation permit.
- Many people install a cistern and have water delivered.
- There are power lines in some of the areas of the county. If they are neer this lot they will be noted in the ad above.
- Solar panels backed up by generator or wind turbines are the most common methods for electricity generation.
- Rain Water Collection is permitted in the county.
- Most of the area is considered rural and off-grid